Information and Technology Services is responsible for University Advancement information data systems and user computing hardware and software.
The information or data side includes all on-line system maintenance, security, training, and data retrieval. Its main duties include ID setup, security, and training for on-line systems including Advance, Crystal Reports Server, NOS and Blackbaud; database and on-line system upgrades and enhancements for Advance, CRS, and the NOS; data imports and exports to and from other systems; and data retrieval and distribution from all data systems involved.
The technology side includes all end user computing hardware and software purchasing, setup, maintenance, and inventory. This hardware includes desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones, printers, and scanners plus all software installed on these items for function and use. Technology is also responsible for shared file server (gizmo) access, security, and maintenance; network/internet troubleshooting; and UITS liaison when issues need involvement from our University Information and Technology staff.
What's Happening in Information and Technology Services
- We have a new name and new team members! We are now Advancement Information and Technology Services (AITS). Moreover, we are proud to welcome Heather Stowers and Peter von Groote to our team.
- We've moved! We are now located at the new Uptown Campus in the east building (UPTE). Please direct your mailings to Advancement Information and Technology Services at UPTE 223. Thanks!
- Click here to access the IS Report Request Web Form. Please use this form to request reports and data files from IS.
- End users should access Blackbaud Reporting Solution to view account balances and ledger transactions. Please fill out and turn in a Blackbaud ID request form to receive access.
- Intro trainings are held at the Uptown Campus East Building in room 278. If you are interested in attending, please email Blake Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5-4135.
- Note: An Advance ID is required prior to attending training. Please click here if you do not have one.
Online Notice of Scholarship (NOS) Training
- NOS trainings are held at the Uptwon Campus East Building in room 278. If you are interested in attending, please email Blake Howard at email@example.com or phone 5-4135.
- Note: An emPower NOS User ID is required prior to attending training. Please click here if you do not have one.
Web Report Request Form Training
- We encourage anyone who submits report requests to Information Services to schedule a training session so that you may become comfortable with terminology and navigation of the web form. Please contact Blake Howard firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5-4135 to reserve a seat for training.
Click on the link below if you need:
- Access to my Alumni, Prospects or Donor Records with an Advance ID and logon.
- A new weekly or monthly gift report and CRS ID and password setup to access reports.
- An updated data file for a departmental mailing, invitations or research. NEVER FOR A SHADOW DATABASE update. DO NOT KEEP SHADOW ALUMNI DATABASES! Contact AAA or UDEVIS for all Alumni Contact information.
- Training in Advance and Crystal Reports Server, or a referral for specific Advance training.
- Information on when alumni and parents were last loaded or bad addresses or phone numbers were updated?
- To request an enhancement in Advance, including changes to Hompages, current screens or the ability to store new data.
- To report a problem in Advance.
- An emPower NOS User ID
- A Blackbaud ID
The Office of Advancement Information and Technology Services’ mission is to support internal and external constituencies for the pursuit of University Advancement's vision, goals, programs and fund-raising activities with regards to data systems. Our primary goal is to insure all data needed by University Advancement can be stored and retrieved in a secure, accurate, intuitive, and timely manner.
Jamie Dixon Fields
C. Tate Neyman
System Analyst I
Technology Services Manager
Peter von Groote
Technology Services Technician
Part-time Report Writer
Part-time Report Writer
Trainer/Security Officer, IS